Monday 7 January 2013

Australian Open


Tennis is a sport that has changed and shaped the psychological, physical, sport and cultural landscapes of countries across the globe.  Tennis dates back centuries ago where people play with *.  Now with technology continuously expanding, rackets now are engineered to come in different weights, sizes and are more powerful and stronger but also can be produced from a variety of materials.  Not only that, technology also has expanded into cameras where they are specially designed to precisely tell where a bar lands on the court! 

Because of the rapid expansion of technology, it has bought excitement, interest and lots of people, beginners or professionals together which shapes the landscapes we see today through people and ourselves.  Tennis has united people of many cultures and different nationalities to enjoy, learn and show off their skills and talents.  Because of this, I believe that one factor that influences all of this comes from tennis tournaments which takes places all around the world at specific times of the year.  But because it is the start of a fresh and lively new year, many tennis toournaments are bound to open up in Australia.  Right now there is the Brisbane International but one tournament which stuck out to grab my attention is the upcoming Australian Open!    

Depending on where you live, the Australian Open debuts on on air from Channel  7 AEDT.  Right now I am eagerly waiting for this tournament to set up on fire because it is a great chance for me to improving my tennis skills as I watch tennis players, from the great Roger Federer to the nimble Novak Djokovich climb their way up the tournament standings to the ultimate showdown!  But to make up for the time, I generally tune in to Channel 7TWO to watch the Brisbane International, another tennis tournament.  I also can’t wait to see the new tennis courts my school is currently constructing because I can’t wait to play on it! I hope this tournament is worth a watch because until then, I would like to say to all of you…GAME ON!                      

No comments:

Post a Comment